If you are a homeschooler father or because of the current situation of the pandemic you have been looking for school options in the primary home, this article will help you to focus a little on how to overcome the responsibility of carrying out this process so important for the future of your children .
As we have always mentioned, creativity can help us a lot in this process to provide our children with an educational experience in a different home, which fits their family routines and which both priests and children will enjoy, much more than just focusing on a set of school plans or online lessons.
Enjoying is the goal for everyone and the key to good learning!
Being able to educate our children at home gives us the possibility that they relate their learning to the real world and know what they enjoy; Let’s let our kids guide us and get together with the maestro!
School tips in primary home
If your children are in a range of ages between 6 and 10 years old, which would normally be equivalent to being in basic primary education, it is recommended that the daily learning experience freely focus on reading, writing, mathematics, and so on. como en el amor de su hijo for learning in a creative way.
Remember: many everyday activities involve learning these skills and developing this knowledge naturally. Physical education in the primary home is also considered of paramount importance so that the children can have physical activity, be healthy and enjoy free spaces.
There are some guidelines already established that provide some general characteristics about the education of a child both in the first year, in education for the second primary home, in education for the tercero basic and until the fifth grade.
These guidelines are described below so that you can take them as a referent; the education of a child debería:
- Adapt to the age, capacity, aptitude and personality of your child.
- Respond to your child’s individual needs, considering the areas of learning that interest you.
- Ensure that your child’s personal potential improves and is not suppressed
- Addressing the immediate and future needs of the child, in the context of the cultural, economic and social environment.
- Provide a reasonably balanced range of learning experiences so that no aspect of your child’s learning is emphasized to the exclusion of others.
- Developing your child’s personal and social skills and preparing him to be a responsible citizen.
- Contribute to your son’s moral development
- Provide opportunities for your child to develop their intellectual capacities and their understanding of it.
General home education tips
Next, we give you some ideas to make education in the home more pleasant and effective for both parents and children:
Do not try to take home a class class
You don’t need to have an office, decorate your house like a school, or have an established schedule, simply enjoy the time with your kids, have more conversations to get to know them better and identify your kids’ interests.
The dialogue spaces can help you more, it will be more fun and more useful to present the topics you want your children to learn what they are trying to learn.
Don’t spend a lot of money on studio plans
I sincerely believe that it is not necessary to buy a plan of studies to have a school in a primary home, unless you feel more comfortable carrying out this educational process in this way, you can also do it, but first I recommend this blog entry on curricular references.
Instead of a study plan, it is suggested to look for free educational options such as:
- visit websites like Khan Academy and Learning Games for Kids
- visit the libraries frequently
- to use technology to view wonderful documents online
- and prepare exclusive materials for your children’s needs using a combination of commercial and free materials.
Focus on the heat more than on the cant
When you educate at home, you don’t need to comply with a schedule or a few hours set for it. Some times you can do it in the morning, other times in the afternoons, other times both in the morning or in the afternoon and why not? others could do it in the nights. Any space and moment are susceptible to use for the purpose of educating our children.
Again, the family dynamic is unique for each family and it should not be trampled on by this educational process. Focus on the quality more than on the number of hours that your children dedicate to “study”, in addition you are carrying out a personalized process that is more effective than studying with 30 more children, and above all you trust in your children.
As mentioned in the previous tip, each family dynamic is different by location, so we must be flexible with:
- los tiempos (1 hour of good study time can be more beneficial than three hours sitting down doing something that doesn’t motivate them)
- the spaces where you learn (table, floor, exteriors, room)
- the hours (morning, afternoon, evening, weekends)
- and above all with us (no stress) to guarantee that the learning is really working and in that it is something that simply has to be done.
Hire experts when necessary
The priests who teach in their home constantly assume the entire burden of educating their children, especially when their children grow up and dedicate themselves to difficult topics. Many priests hire tutors online.
Sometimes children are interested in something that their parents do not know, such as a foreign language, astrophysics or organic chemistry. These priests resort to tutors and specialized classes to ensure that their children obtain the knowledge they need to be successful and can follow topics that awaken their curiosity.
Join support groups
Belonging to one or several support groups is very useful for the priests we educate at home, and experiences are shared, questions can be asked, information and resources of interest that support our children’s educational process are shared. In addition, they are spaces where you can share with a wide variety of families and children of all ages, and as we say there, in the variety is the place!
I hope you can put these ideas into practice so that your school process in a primary and general home with education at home with your children is more pleasant and effective. If you’re interested, we also have a blog entry with ideas to educate the little ones at home.